Sunday, February 10, 2013


My first project was this large sideboard/credenza (I like using those words because they make it sound so fancy). I found it on craigslist and thought it would make a nice media cabinet to store my many DVDs. James, my very worthy assistant (and partner:), helped a lot with this piece. First, we cleaned and then stripped the wood. This was the hardest part, neither of us having done this before. Glasses, gloves, the outdoors and a handy scraper are key. Once we were done with that, we sanded, primed and painted. Here is the result of our first big piece! My favorite part is the drawers above, that hide remotes and pens and notepads.

1 comment: