Friday, March 15, 2013

First big sell

I know most of you have seen this project, but I figured I must include my first big seller on the blog. I found this piece in the swamp of "free" stuff on craigslist... another man's treasure, right? Anyway, it had great bones when I got it, but was looking a little sad in its current state.

I decided to spruce it up with some white and blue Annie Sloan chalk paint. This is a new favorite: no priming necessary and the paint covers a lot of ground = well worth the cost. I spray painted the handles with a glossy black and sealed the entire piece with soft wax. I was very happy with the pizazz of this and enjoy how you can use it with or without the hutch. I have to admit, I kind of miss it. But I'm happy it went to a good home.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic transformation! You and James are so good. Keep it up, Alden! :)

    ReplyDelete