Saturday, December 28, 2013

Reuse Calendar Idea

This post is a little late for the holiday season, but it's a fun reuse idea that I wanted to share. For 2013(can you believe this year is almost over!)I had this beautifully illustrated calendar from artist Nikki McClure.
It made me sad to toss this piece of art is the recycle bin. That's when I had a lightbulb idea: I'll use the pages as wrapping paper! Instead of buying cheap Christmas paper from the corner store (like I usually do, while envying the cool wrapping paper my sister uses), I'll wrap my gifts in something that shows thoughtfulness, as I think a gift should. Here are some of the gifts I wrapped.
I ended up using white tissue paper to wrap the larger gifts, with parts of the calendar illustrations to embellish. I hope this gives you inspiration for reusing your calendar before tossing it out on New Years Day. Happy end of 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment